Henry’s (and Halia’s!) World

Their story from conception to the present

Catching the Reading Bug

Filed under: General, Homeschooling — Ada at 8:38 pm on Tuesday, June 17, 2008
© Copyright Ada Kanu 2019

Today kicked of our library’s Summer Reading program, and it went off in grand style.

The children were treated to a rare visit of music and fun “Didgeridoo Down Under!”
Big H and Henry actually got to play some of the aboriginal musical instruments, and
had such a great time learning about the marsupials, and other wildlife that existed down under.

reading1.jpg

They are already giddy with anticipation for next weeks reading date - “Catch the exercise bug - Karate

Have a wonderful week!

If you enjoyed this entry, please share it:  Digg del.icio.us Netvouz ThisNext MisterWong Wists blinkbits blogmarks BlogMemes Blue Dot Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati YahooMyWeb

6 Comments»

Comment by Shelia

6/18/2008 @ 12:21 am

Check out Henry as if he’s a Rhode Scholar already, lol. Too cute :).

Comment by Ada

6/18/2008 @ 12:22 pm

Lol, he is a riot.

Comment by mommyandme@syix.com

6/18/2008 @ 6:34 pm

This picture is so sweet… Marvelous memories!

Comment by Tom

6/19/2008 @ 8:43 am

It is great to see a child so young getting into reading. Summer reading keeps the learning going all year long. I look forward to reading more of your Henry stories.

Comment by TLC

6/20/2008 @ 3:09 am

If you want another book about Austrailia, read I Do Love You, Koala Lou by Mem Fox. My children love it.

T.

Comment by Justin

6/20/2008 @ 2:18 pm

Reading can’t stop for the summer. Luckily I read and my son catches me reading and does the same.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.
changing.gif